I hope you all had a great weekend and are now feeling the full effects of the Spring sunshine! It’s time to get rid of those winter layers now that the weather is warming up and embrace the outdoors. I am sure that many of you have full calendars coming into October and November, so what better time to start a new exercise and nutrition regime that will ensure you are feeling and looking your best. It can be hard to find motivation after months of hot chocolates and winter coats, however now is the perfect time to get those sneakers out of the cupboard and start your plan of attack.
One way to keep in shape and take advantage of the warmer weather is to exercise outside! A morning jog or powerwalk is a great way to wake up and the best part is that it keeps our metabolism boosted throughout the day. Not to mention the rush of endorphins that will make you feel on top of the world! Alternatively, dust off the gym membership and commit to 2 weeks of workouts or classes. Really push yourself to keep that commitment and you will find that after the 2 weeks you will surprise yourself with some noticeable results. Make sure you supplement with one of the new Protein Shots after your workout to maximise your results!
Kick-start with a Cleanse
If you are feeling particularly sluggish after all those winter months, it might be a good idea to cleanse your body. I have added 7 tips below that you can start today, that will have you feeling better, more energised and less bloated in no time.
Courtney’s Instant Cleansing & Energising Tips for Spring
• Drink more water! 2 – 3 litres a day will help to flush out those toxins and improve your skin and well-being. Add some lemon slices and try to drink 2 litres before lunchtime!
• Have an alcohol free month. Give your body a break and see the instant results.
• Clean out the fridge. Get rid of anything that is white, full of sugar, salt or chemicals.
• Stock up on your healthy food. Lean protein, wholegrains, vegetables & fruit.
• Give your body a break from Caffeine. If you have been living on coffee or energy drinks over the past few months then give your body a rest. Switch to herbal tea or water.
• No bread. You would be surprised how much bread can bloat your stomach and add extra pounds. Switch to brown rice, or cut a wholemeal wrap in half and use that instead.
• Exercise. You don’t need any fancy equipment for this Super Quick Workout: 20 pushups, 20 squats, 20 dips, 20 lunges, 20 crunches and repeat x 5.
Try all of these tips this week!
Send me your questions at Ask the Trainer
We have just launched our Ask the Trainer feature, so remember to send me your fitness and wellness questions! Each week a selection will be posted on Facebook with my answers. Don’t wait until Summer to find out what types of exercises you should be doing to tone your arms or flatten your tummy! Send in your questions today!
I hope you all start my cleansing tips today and I would love to hear how you all go with them! Take action!
Have a fit & fabulous week!