If I was to offer you 1 million dollars to adopt a healthy lifestyle and lose unwanted weight, do you think you could do it?
Most of my clients that I have asked this question to have answered, “Yes!”. If that’s the case, is your health and life worth 1 million dollars? Of course it is, it’s priceless.
Self-motivation is an important part of your health journey. Unfortunately some people wait until they HAVE to change their lifestyle for serious health reasons. Don’t be that person, take action NOW! Your health and wellbeing is worth more than any amount of money.
The first step towards a healthier lifestyle is to decide your motivation for change.
Your motivation will take you a LONG way. Your motivation will keep you going when you want to throw in the towel. People really underestimate the value of motivation these days!
So take your journal or a piece of paper and write down every reason why you would want to master your weight and health once and for all.
Leave a lot of room at the bottom, as you will probably discover many more reasons as you think about this. Just to give you an example of some of the reasons for change, I listed some key personal drivers below:
- I want to be healthy and fit, especially as I am getting older
- I want to see my children grow up and have fun with my grand children
- I don’t want to be overweight all my life like my mum
- I don’t want to die of a heart attack like my dad and brother
- I want to experience life to the fullest, not be hindered by my weight
- I want to have total mastery over my weight
- I want my children not to be embarrassed by me
- I want to be able to look good in cool jeans (as you can see, your reasons can be as shallow as you want!)
- I’m sick of feeling embarrassed when I go swim suit shopping
- I want to have heaps of energy to keep up with my children
- I want to be able to walk upstairs without getting out of breath
- I want to be able to look good in anything I wear!
So take a moment and list every reason you can think of for wanting to change and master your weight. Your list can be simple, short or long, deep or shallow. It doesn’t matter, as long as it belongs to you (not your husband’s or your family’s) – that’s what makes it yours!
When you take the time to acknowledge how far you’ve come and remind yourself of why you want to keep going, your commitment to lifestyle change will be renewed.
Congratulations! You are now on your way!
And good luck with the rest of your journey xx