Slim Secrets Blog
4 Moves for Great Glutes – Ask the Trainer tab Now Open
How was your weekend? I hope you have been enjoying my weekly blog so far and learning some new information about fitness that may help to motivate you this month. If you tried my Instant Cleansing Tips let me know how you went. (If you missed this post, check it out here).
Over the past week I have been sampling all of the delicious Slim Secrets products which I was yet to try and let me tell you, they are amazing! The Wanted! Under 100 Calories bars are a delicious treat and with 4 yummy flavours they certainly hit the spot after dinner! I am currently eating the Vanilla Almond Bar. If you are one of those people who end up snacking after dinner, keep a bunch of these healthy bars in your cupboard. I also have been loving the Protein Shots. Just add water and your done!
As you would have seen on the Slim Secrets Facebook Page, we have just launched the Ask the Trainer form, so get those questions ready and send them through! I have already received a bunch of questions and love answering them for you, so keep them coming! I received a question last week about toning your glutes and the best exercises to do. I thought I would share this little workout with you all so you can benefit:
4 Moves for Great Glutes
Get a great booty with this glute sculpting circuit! Complete 15-20 reps of each exercise and move onto the next one. Rest 1 minute between circuits. Repeat 3/4 times.
– Begin in a wide stance with toes turned out.
– Bend the knees and lower down into a squat, keeping knees in line with toes, abs in and back nice and straight, chest up.
– Only go down as low as you can without compromising your flexibility or your balance.
– Push back up without locking out your knees.
– Keep the tension on your inner thighs and glutes.
– Begin with legs wider than shoulders, toes straight forward.
– Pretend you are sitting down on a chair, so bend your knees stick your glutes out and lower (putting a chair behind you is a great way to start)
– Push back through your heels and stand up straight.
– Only go as low as you feel comfortable for your knees.
On the Spot Lunge
– Stand with left foot forward, right foot back about 3 feet apart.
– Bend the knees to lower the body towards the floor. Keep the front knee behind the toes and be sure to lower straight down.
– Keep your body straight and hold your abs in as you push through the front heel and back to starting position.
– Don’t lock the knees at the top of the movement.
– Get on all fours on mat (hands under shoulders, knees under hips).
– Keeping right knee bent 90 degrees, flex right foot and lift knee to hip level.
– Your foot should be flat with bottom of shoe facing the ceiling.
– Lower knee without touching floor; lift again.
– Switch legs; repeat.
After this you will definitely be feeling the burn! Let me know how you go with it over the next week or so! If you feel as though you need to add resistance to this circuit, hold some dumbells or a weight plate. I would love to hear from you!
Enjoy the week and keep active!