Happy 2012 Readers!
How did you celebrate Christmas and the New Year? Is your answer “with too much alcohol and food”?
Yes we all indulge a little too much over the holidays, enjoying those festive treats and celebration drinks, however after all the Christmas cheer has gone we are usually just left with tired looking skin, tight clothing and little motivation to do anything about it.
Lets face it, if there was a quick and easy way we could shed some of those extra kilograms without having to make many drastic changes we would do it right?
Well lucky for Slim Secrets fans there is! I have put together 10 ways you can shift those extra kilos starting this week (without having to totally kill yourself at the gym like everyone else!)
10 Ways to Lose Your Holiday Weight Gain
1. Cut out refined sugar now – that means soft drink, cakes, lollies, chocolate (yes you know all the bad foods you shouldn’t be eating).
2. Limit carbohydrates at night – You don’t need the extra energy before bed, so stick with lean proteins and fiberous vegetables and salad.
3. Eat 3 protein rich meals a day, with 2 light snacks inbetween – Slim Secrets bars or shakes are a perfect snack! Check out the whole delicious range here.
4. Drink at least 2 litres of water per day.
5. Do 3 sets of 12 pushups first thing when you get out of bed – you will be surprised how energised you feel after.
6. Throw away all the Christmas leftovers – including all the unopened boxes of chocolate, bottles of wine and anything else filled with sugar or fat.
7. Keep some dumbbells next to the TV so that you can always do a quick set of exercises while your programs are on, instead of sitting down and doing nothing.
8. Sit down and plan a concrete exercise and eating plan – this will keep you on track and focussed!
9. Do at least 30 mins of powerwalking per day – a good option if you don’t have access to a gym.
10. Try something new – it’s 2012 so mix it up a bit! If you have always done the same workouts or same classes then its time to change it up. Your body will respond positively!
Print this list out and tick each item off as you go this week. By next Monday you will certainly be feeling fitter and healthier!
Is 2012 the year you are going to achieve your “body goals”? I’m always here to help, so make sure you email me your questions through the “Ask the Trainer” tab!
Be fit & fabulous!